This position in Fund Development is responsible for raising Major Gift revenue for YWCA programs and services by securing gifts primarily from new individual donors to support our new Major Gifts campaign. The new campaign is an engaging opportunity for a passionate fundraiser to make a real impact on the campaign’s success.
The position will work closely with a team of 14 individuals to ensure that the financial goals of the Fund Development Department are met and will represent the YWCA in public and one-on-one situations. We each work independently and are fully responsible for our own areas but we work collaboratively as a dynamic team to ensure the best quality for our donors and therefore the women and children the YWCA serves.
Help us make a difference
Voted as one of the best companies to work for in BC, YWCA Metro Vancouver is a diverse non-profit that supports women’s equality through a range of integrated services. Skilled at meeting employee and client needs, YWCA Metro Vancouver treats employees with respect and is committed to offering initiatives, compensation and benefits that retain employees and help them achieve work/life balance. These include flexible work hours and some opportunity to work remotely.
Status: Permanent Full Time (35 hours/week)
Location: YWCA Program Centre, 535 Hornby Street, Vancouver
- Identify, research, and build relationships with individual prospects which will result in face-to-face meetings and the solicitation of major gifts
- Identify planned giving prospects from major gift donors and make the planned giving solicitation where appropriate
- Steward and report to current donors in order to renew and upgrade their donations in the future
- Write compelling funding proposals as well as other departmental communication materials including letters of intent and reports
- Conduct research for fund development purposes to update information about social issues addressed by YWCA programs
- Complete solicitations on a timely basis to ensure revenue targets are met
- Provide excellent donor service and appropriate recognition for donations
- Participate in and support donor events
- Knowledge of individual prospects with a proven track record in closing Major Gift asks
- Experience soliciting gifts of $25,000 or more is an asset
- Strong relationship building, strategy development and fundraising skills with 5 years related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to write a variety of documents, such as proposals, reports and correspondence
- Experience with prospect research as well as researching social issues
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Strategic, proactive work style
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Strong Microsoft Word skills
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge would be an advantage
- Post-secondary education
We’ve been striving to change lives for over 120 years. The YWCA has 45 programs and services in 58 locations throughout Metro Vancouver. Interested in joining us? Candidates are invited to send resumes by June 20, 2018 at 9:00 am to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
YWCA Vancouver is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Careers Blog!
The Director, Charitable Giving Prairie Region (D-CG) reports to the Executive Director (ED) of Development. This position executes an effective fundraising plan for major donors in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, including managing a comprehensive cultivation, solicitation and appreciation strategy. This position works with the Executive Director of Development, VP Development to ensure donors, TWU alumni, TWU parents, churches, friends of the University and mission-compatible corporate entitles are supporting Trinity Western University (TWU). The Development Team’s purpose is to inspire the hearts and minds of key constituents as engaged participants and donors in TWU’s mission.
Download the full position prospectus here.
For more information or to apply in confidence please contact:
Gérard Consulting – Fundraising Talent Management
Phil Gérard, President
Schedule a time to discuss this opportunity now: https://calendly.com/philgerard
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
I am happy to announce a new search for Trinity Western University in Calgary. We are assisting TWU in the search for a Director, Charitable Giving, Prairie Region. This position is home-office based.
We are also still accepting applications for a short period of time for the following opportunities:
- Gift Planning Officer (Part-time), The Alzheimer Society of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Development Officer, Donor Relations, The Alzheimer Society of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Development Officer, Philanthropy, The Alzheimer Society of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Manager, Annual Giving, Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation, New Westminster
- Coordinator, Major and Legacy Giving, Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation, New Westminster
- Development Officer, Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation, New Westminster
- Director of Admissions, St. Margaret’s School, Victoria
- Executive Director, Looking Glass Foundation, Vancouver
Contact me to discuss any of these opportunities.
And here are some more career opportunities that came across my desk…
Have a great week!
- Development Officer, North Island College, Comox Valley
- Specialist, Development, Leadership Giving, MS Society, Burnaby
- Planned Giving Officer, Big Sisters, Vancouver
- Manager, Fund Development, Calgary Drop-in and Rehab Society, Calgary
- Manager, Fund Development, Carya, Calgary
- Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts, OCAD University, Toronto
- Senior Advancement Officer, York University, Toronto
- Senior Development Officer, Kids Help Phone, Toronto
- Associate Director, Individual Giving, Tafelmusik, Toronto
Photo by Gabriel Santiago on Unsplash
I’d like to wish all of you who celebrate Victoria Day a wonderful long weekend. Relax, enjoy, rejuvenate! And here are your latest professional development opportunities…
- Working Smarter With Technology, General Assembly, May 23, 2018, Online
- Fundraising Day, AFP Toronto, June 12, 2018, Toronto
- Putting Your Values To Work, Charity Village, June 7, 2018, Online (Free)
- Develop a Communications Strategy that Improves Fundraising Results, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, June 14, 2018, Online
- Strategies to Improve Underrepresented Alumni Engagement, Academic Impressions, June 26 to 28, 2018, Chicago
- Summit for Leaders in Advancement, CASE, July 15 to 17, 2018, New York
- Fundraising Essentials: Essentials of Gift Solicitation, July 19 to 20, 2018, Chicago