About Ronald McDonald House Charities® Southern & Central Alberta (RMHCSCA)
Seventy per cent of Canadian families live in an area without a children’s hospital. This means that when a child is seriously ill or injured, families must leave their homes, jobs and support systems to access vital – and often life-saving – medical care. RMHCSCA is here to help. We keep families close.
We know that when a child is sick, the whole family hurts. That’s why we’re part of a global network prioritizing family-centered care through three unique core programs:
- Offering 23 private family suites in Calgary and 11 in Red Deer, our Ronald McDonald Houses provide a warm, compassionate and comfortable environment where families can share experiences, eat a warm homemade meal and rest while caring for a child in the hospital.
- Our Care Mobiles deliver quality health and wellness services to Calgary and area communities where they’re needed most, eliminating barriers to health care to build healthier people and communities.
- Our future Family Rooms will provide a caring place for families to rest and recharge inside hospital walls.
Our Chapter has worked with approximately 22,000 families since inception.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development will advance our mission by developing and implementing a well-balanced plan to meet RMHCSCA annual fundraising goals. This role is instrumental to the success of the entire Chapter by leading and motivating a dedicated staff team, building upon an already strong culture of collaboration and setting an ambitious strategic course.
As the leader of a growing development team that will support organizational expansion in the future, the Director of Development must have the ability to move the annual fundraising program to new levels of success.
We are looking for an individual with a proven track record working with a diverse donor portfolio; a strong relationship manager; a strategic thinker; an engaging results-oriented leader with a passion for supporting families with critically ill children. They must be capable of work in a steeply growing organization that is developing the infrastructure and capacity for significant increases to its community investment. The successful candidate will strengthen our ability to serve, improve policy and processes, steward stakeholders, fundraise tenaciously and lead a team to do likewise. He/she must be confident, courageous and smart about their work with prospects, donors and other stakeholders. Through the efforts of the Director of Development, the organization’s visibility will be broadened, relationships with donors will be deepened, and philanthropic support will be strengthened.
The Director of Development position is a full-time, permanent role. It will occasionally require work on evenings and weekends. There will be regular travel to the Red Deer House and throughout Central and Southern Alberta.
About the Candidate
- Post-secondary education in a Non Profit Management, Marketing, Commerce or related field
- Minimum of seven years of progressive fundraising experience
- Demonstrated experience managing staff
- Experience building and managing budgets
- CFRE designation is considered a strong asset
- Aspirations for career growth with one of Canada’s best known children’s charities
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- A collaborative environment with inspirational and encouraging coworkers
- A high-performance culture in a growing organization
- Work with a Development team that is capable and motivated
- An engaged and supportive Board of Directors
- Family and stakeholder centeredness
- Knowledge that one is making a profound impact on the lives of families with sick or injured children
Please forward a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to Jennifer Brault, Director of Human Resources, Ronald McDonald House Charities® Southern & Central Alberta no later than August 12, 2017.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Careers Blog!