World Relief Canada – We’re Christians passionate about ending poverty.
We’re following Jesus where the need is greatest, working through local churches across the Global South to unlock people’s potential and helping them to discover that the answer to poverty is within themselves. When disasters strike, we respond quickly. We won’t stop until poverty stops.
For 45 years, thousands of Canadians and churches have chosen World Relief Canada to see hope restored, and empowerment offered to impoverished communities.
World Relief Canada is going through a growth phase and looking to expand its reach and impact. The chosen candidate for this role will have a vital role in that growth, working alongside a fundraising President.
Location: Toronto, preferred
Position type: Full-time
Available: Immediately. The position will remain open until the right candidate is found.
Who should apply
World Relief Canada is intent on finding the right person and will consider a broad range of applicants.
- Key fundraising skills and relevant experience are important, but so is the ability to play a significant role in a small, energetic close-working team.
- Temperament, fit with the team, organizational culture, and enthusiasm are vital, as is the potential to become highly committed to helping transform the lives of people battling hunger, injustice, and poverty.
- Since this person will be the face of World Relief Canada to many major donors, the ability to own and represent the mission and vision is paramount.
- The ideal candidate will already be an experienced major gift fundraiser with a passion for international relief and development and who can fit well with our people and constituents.
- She or he can take responsibility and initiative, can ask others for a decision, and would find it satisfying and motivating to collaborate with a team making a difference for some of the poorest people in the world.
World Relief Canada will consider candidates whose needed skills and experience may differ from the ideal. Such candidates must have relevant skills, as well as the drive to succeed.
- 3-5 years experience in a fundraising environment with demonstrated success in major gifts fundraising: College diploma or University degree preferred.
- Experience supporting and motivating senior volunteers.
- Experience soliciting and securing five-and-six-figure-plus major gifts.
- Demonstrated track record of successful donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database use
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other data tracking programs as a means of administrating donors and gifts. World Relief Canada uses Raisers Edge and NXT
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle with the ability to travel is required
Must demonstrate the following:
- Flexibility and the ability to function as a team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills, to successfully interact with external customers and staff within the organization
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, problem solving and planning skills are required
- Self-starter, capable of identifying the need for and taking independent action
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to develop cooperative working relationships
- Skilled in public speaking; able to engage diverse audiences
- A skilled communicator for business case development (donor proposals)
To apply please do NOT contact World Relief Canada directly. Apply by email only, with cover letter and attached resume, to applyWRC@kmaconsultants.ca. KMA Consultants will respond to every applicant.
Your cover letter should include a description of:
- How you would integrate your faith with this role
- An overview of your related education and experience
- Your approach to successfully developing funds to help World Relief fulfill its vision.
World Relief Canada is committed to the protection of children; all offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check. Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and Christian mission of World Relief Canada.
All of the above responsibilities are to be conducted in a professional manner. They require attention to professional standards; Christian faith, morality and integrity; and positive interpersonal relationships.
World Relief Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please Note that World Relief Canada will be renamed Tearfund Canada, effective January 1st, 2017. To learn more about World Relief Canada, visit worldrelief.ca.
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Careers Blog!