Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
The Alumni Coordinator is responsible for the planning and implementation of programs, projects, and events that strategically engage alumni in strengthening programs and provide tangible benefits to alumni and current students. The alumni community currently numbers approximately 4,000.
The Alumni Coordinator is the School’s advocate to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advance the goals of Collingwood; partnering with Development colleagues to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni giving; and serving as a liaison between the Alumni Executive Board and the academic and administrative leadership.
- Experience in alumni relations and external affairs with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the Institute, alumni, other constituents and the public
- The demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers
- Demonstrably strong writing, planning and organizational skills
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar constituent database would be an asset
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Work closely with the Alumni Executive Board, arranging its meetings, staffing its committees and ensuring strong and productive relationships between its members and the academic and administrative leadership
- Plan, implement and promote alumni programs that support the School’s strategic plan as well as the goals of the Alumni office in collaboration with colleagues within the Advancement Office
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects, correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Lead the transition of the alumni directory from NetDirectory to a format on LinkedIn
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and publications
- Assist the Marketing and Communications Department with stories, connections and interviews for the bi-annual magazine
- Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in programs
- Plan the growth and accessibility of career networking services for alumni through affinity lunches and guest speaker salons
- Collaborate closely with development colleagues in increasing support from alumni; routinely identify and qualify alumni prospects for gifts; communicate development-related activities via written contact reports filed in Raiser’s Edge and periodic attendance at prospect management meetings
- Engage coaches and past athletes in affinity reunions that happen at sporting events such as the Rugby7s, CavClassic, Hatch Cup and Dads and Lads reunion rugby game
- Oversee and balance the budget for Alumni program; within the annual program budget, manage existing and/or additional alumni programs, services and communications
Please submit resume to Elain Evans, Executive Director, Advancement by April 30, 2018.
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Careers Blog!