This position in Fund Development is responsible for raising Major Gift revenue for YWCA programs and services by securing gifts primarily from new individual donors to support our new Major Gifts campaign. The new campaign is an engaging opportunity for a passionate fundraiser to make a real impact on the campaign’s success.
The position will work closely with a team of 14 individuals to ensure that the financial goals of the Fund Development Department are met and will represent the YWCA in public and one-on-one situations. We each work independently and are fully responsible for our own areas but we work collaboratively as a dynamic team to ensure the best quality for our donors and therefore the women and children the YWCA serves.
Help us make a difference
Voted as one of the best companies to work for in BC, YWCA Metro Vancouver is a diverse non-profit that supports women’s equality through a range of integrated services. Skilled at meeting employee and client needs, YWCA Metro Vancouver treats employees with respect and is committed to offering initiatives, compensation and benefits that retain employees and help them achieve work/life balance. These include flexible work hours and some opportunity to work remotely.
Status: Permanent Full Time (35 hours/week)
Location: YWCA Program Centre, 535 Hornby Street, Vancouver
- Identify, research, and build relationships with individual prospects which will result in face-to-face meetings and the solicitation of major gifts
- Identify planned giving prospects from major gift donors and make the planned giving solicitation where appropriate
- Steward and report to current donors in order to renew and upgrade their donations in the future
- Write compelling funding proposals as well as other departmental communication materials including letters of intent and reports
- Conduct research for fund development purposes to update information about social issues addressed by YWCA programs
- Complete solicitations on a timely basis to ensure revenue targets are met
- Provide excellent donor service and appropriate recognition for donations
- Participate in and support donor events
- Knowledge of individual prospects with a proven track record in closing Major Gift asks
- Experience soliciting gifts of $25,000 or more is an asset
- Strong relationship building, strategy development and fundraising skills with 5 years related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to write a variety of documents, such as proposals, reports and correspondence
- Experience with prospect research as well as researching social issues
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Strategic, proactive work style
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Strong Microsoft Word skills
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge would be an advantage
- Post-secondary education
We’ve been striving to change lives for over 120 years. The YWCA has 45 programs and services in 58 locations throughout Metro Vancouver. Interested in joining us? Candidates are invited to send resumes by June 20, 2018 at 9:00 am to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
YWCA Vancouver is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Careers Blog!