Type: Permanent Part Time, Salary, 30-34 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
The Abbotsford Community Foundation (ACF) is a public community foundation and a Canadian registered charity. The Foundation acts as a bridge between donors and charities in Abbotsford to help create and maintain strong communities for generations to come. The ACF pools the charitable gifts from many donors to cultivate and grow permanently endowed funds to provide lasting support for local community needs and priorities. The ACF is a catalyst and resource for philanthropy and a vehicle for generous individuals, families and businesses who want to give something back to their community both during and after their lifetime. The ACF is a community leader in the charitable sector and helps to build a stronger, more caring community.
Vision: Together we will build a stronger, more caring community
Mission: Inspire philanthropy and develop partnerships by investing in people, projects and programs to strengthen our community
We are seeking an outgoing and organized individual for a long-term office position. Under the direction of the Executive Director (ED), the Executive Assistant (EA) is responsible to act as the primary source of administrative, logistical and organizational support to the ED and the ACF office. The role will focus on executive support to the ED as well as managing a variety of operational and administrative issues relevant to the organization on behalf of the ED. The EA takes a supportive role in event planning, marketing and donor stewardship initiatives. The EA will co-ordinate various projects and programs throughout the year, specifically the Student Awards program. Through the ED, the EA supports the administrative needs of all ACF Committees and the Board of Directors.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director;
- Assist with Board and/or committee meeting administration as required;
- Maintain efficient electronic and paper filing systems for office;
- Coordinate calendar for Board and committee meetings, and associated reminders;
- Place orders for business cards, letterheads and other office stationery needs.
- Ensure Income Manager database records and their respective affiliations are updated;
- Ensure Annual Report Mailing List and E-newsletter subscription list are updated;
- Enter new profiles and grantees as well as new fund holder records into database;
- Ensure that grant applications and grantee profiles are set up with the appropriate information;
- Pull reports from database as needed or as requested by Executive Director;
Student Awards Program Administration
- Coordinate the complete process for the Student Awards program following established procedures and work flow.
- Point of contact for Scholarship and Bursary needs to include student recipients, high schools and post-secondary institutions.
- Maintain, update, and/or develop annual Student Award directory and online application forms.
- Liaison with School Counsellors and other key partners to ensure all program requirements are met;
- Work with Student Awards committee and Chair to ensure all aspects co-ordination of the program are met;
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets for various donor funds
- Print, sort and prepare annual fund statements;
- Assist ED in preparing Thank You notes and correspondence to donors
- Forward Thank You notes from grantees to corresponding fundholders;
- Prepare tax receipts in accordance with CRA guidelines and ACF policies:
- Provide updated fund status reports and granting opportunities for donor-advised fund holders.
Event Coordination and Administration
- Work with the Executive Director on ACF events, including providing administrative assistance for the Smart & Caring Golf Classic held each September, National Philanthropy Day (NPD) lunch held each November and the annual Donor Recognition celebration;
- Develop and steward sponsorship relationships as assigned by the ED;
- Coordinate mailings and communications with invitees, guests, donors, committee members and sponsors;
- Liaison with event venues re menu, space available, set-up and tear-down;
- Update and/or develop event online registration forms to facilitate online ticket purchases. Coordinate post-event activities including updating budgets to actuals, sending invoices and all other post-event communications: thank you letters for auction items, volunteers, attendees and sponsors, newsletter update on funds raised;
- Assist the Executive Director in identifying and developing relationships with potential sponsors;
- Assist ED and Grants committee with process to gather nominations for the NPD lunch. Communicate with nominees to complete nomination packages; coordinate with the Grants Committee, Nominees and Applicants;
Marketing & Communications
- Maintain and update the Foundation website;
- Manage the Foundation’s social media accounts;
- Manage the newsletter system, including subscription lists;
- Develop content for newsletters;
- Create and develop social media posts (at least 3 posts a week);
- Compose blog posts for the website, including announcements of grants and special events;
- Create press releases for different media channels;
- Compile impact stories and photos for Annual Report;
- Assist ED in creating multimedia presentations;
- Assist ED with design of event signage, including auction display posters, event programs, etc.
- Oversee the smooth operation and management of the office including general reception duties: processing mail, preparing bank deposits, ordering office supplies, filing, answering the office phone and overseeing third party service providers such as cleaning and maintenance;
- Financial reporting and accounting support, including bank deposits and preparation for cheque processing;
- Assist with Board and/or committee meeting administration as required;
- Purchasing of office supplies and other materials;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a busy office setting (or equivalent);
- Self-starter, ability to work with limited supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and organize and prioritize multiple tasks while adapting to changing circumstances and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment with frequent/continuous interruptions.
- Proven ability to analyze and resolve problems by applying initiative, practicing due diligence and exercising sound judgement when responding and dealing with confidential information.
- Proven organizational & project/event management skills & outstanding time management skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Superior computer skills with a deep understanding of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher,Outlook); Adobe Acrobat Pro; Gravity forms, and a working knowledge of Database management (Income Manager), Dropbox. Open to learning other on-line applications as required;
- Computer graphic design skills an asset;
- Ability to take personal initiative and work independently, as well as being a productive and supportive member of a team;
- Capacity to demonstrate a flexible approach to new tasks;
- Experience working with volunteers & community organizations as a staff member or a volunteer;
- Experience planning & executing special events, incl. workshops and fundraising events;
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills to effectively interact with all stakeholders;
- Consistently carries out responsibilities in accordance with the Foundation’s policies and procedures and mission and vision.
- Knowledge of the social profit sector a definite asset.
WORKING HOURS AND CONDITIONS:
This posting is for a permanent part-time (30-34 hours per week) position. Preferable hours of work will be from 8:30 to 2:30 five days a week. There is flexibility possible with prior approval of the Executive Director. Hours could be irregular at busy times such as prior to an event, during the event and in the week following the event. Staff will be asked to attend the 3 ACF events to assist as required. Lieu time may be accumulated for future use as approved by the Executive Director.
Compensation: Commensurate based on skill level and previous experience.
Vacation: In accordance with the Employment Standards Act, 4% vacation pay will be earned on an accrual basis and vacation can be taken as accrued, upon approval of the Executive Director.
Benefits: Available as required.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on May 28, 2018.
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Careers Blog!