The Development Officer will be goal-oriented and results-driven self-starter who is passionate about fundraising and committed to success in enhancing philanthropy. With integrity and respect for donors, the ideal candidate will be an engaging relationship builder who brings energy, passion and intelligence about the mission of Notre Dame Regional Secondary School to conversations with donors.
The new incumbent will have broad-based knowledge of fundraising, specifically with proven track records closing gifts of $10,000 and above from individuals or corporations. Confident, poised and professional, the successful candidate will swiftly advance a variety of donor interactions, from discovery visits to assessing and qualifying prospective donors, to soliciting and closing gifts.
With excellent communication and relationship-building skills internally and externally, the ideal candidate will confidently foster internal relationships and excel in an environment of change as Notre Dame embarks on the most significant campaign in its history. Possessing tact, diplomacy and an appreciation of diversity, the ideal candidate will encourage rapport and build credibility internally and externally.
Dedicated, hardworking and ambitious, the Development Officer is also personable with a good sense of humor and enjoy our collegial atmosphere. The successful candidate enjoys working independently but welcomes and respects the benefits and success of team collaboration in fundraising.
Familiar with the BC philanthropic community, the ideal candidate will learn and share a compelling understanding of NDRSS to engage and empower volunteers, and to inspire donors.
The Development Officer will report to the Principal and will be responsible for:
- Implementing the Campaign Plan
- Present tested and proven strategies and procedures
- Oversee and participate in all school fundraising initiatives
- Coordinate the identification, research and evaluation of prospective donors
- Supervise the production of Campaign communication and marketing materials, to include the business plan and project plan
- Develop donor recognition criteria & implementation (e.g. donor wall)
- Prepare proposals for leadership and major gift prospects
- Orient and train volunteers
- Supervise the recording of pledges, pledge collections and gift acknowledgement
- Work with Alumni Foundation to develop ongoing plan for increased alumni engagement
- Assist the Campaign Steering Committee, Campaign Leadership and Cabinet in keeping the campaign on track and on schedule
- Oversee the cultivation and solicitation of prospects
- Participate in cultivation and solicitation visits as appropriate
- Participate in public speaking events (AGM, Gala, etc.) as necessary
- Attend all Steering Committee and Cabinet meetings
- Provide ongoing communications internally to ensure key staff and volunteers are informed as to Campaign progress
- Conduct monthly benchmark reviews to assess campaign progress and identify challenges
- Proven track record of success in developing and implementing strategies for identification, cultivation and solicitation of individual or corporate donors and partners at the $5,000+ level
- Demonstrated track record of independently closing individual or corporate major gifts
- To effectively monitor the prospect pipeline, ensuring that annual and long-term goals are set, monitored and evaluated
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, planning, and organizational skills, with an emphasis on detail and accuracy
- A professional and superior client service approach
- Proven ability to engage, support and provide leadership to volunteers involved in major gifts philanthropy
- Demonstrated experience with proposal development
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Evidence of leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy and creativity
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues in all positions throughout the organization
- Post-secondary degree is preferred
- A valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel are required. Work on evenings and weekends will be required on an as-needed basis
SEND RESUME AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION TO:
Roger DesLauriers, Principal
Notre Dame Regional Secondary
2880 Venables St., Vancouver, BC V5K 4Z6
OR by email: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Friday, May 25, 2018
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Careers Blog!