Canuck Place Children’s Hospice (CPCH) is British Columbia’s recognized pediatric palliative care provider. For over two decades, through the many programs and services we provide, we have made a significant difference in the lives of children with life-threatening illnesses and the families who love them. Be part of a talented and innovative team that takes pride in supporting and providing the highest quality pediatric palliative care.
As an active member of the Development team, the focus of this role is to generate annual revenue through building relationships and supporting activities in our Community Giving Program, including soliciting and liaising with members of the community who produce fundraisers. You will work to ensure the best possible experience for event organizers, donors, volunteers and team members to provide a high level of care and service to support existing and new community-based fundraising initiatives. You will ensure all receive the tools needed, support and recognition for their philanthropic efforts. Your work will be provincial in scope to support the overall mission of Canuck Place.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The successful incumbent will possess a post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant discipline, coupled with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a non-profit/fundraising environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Public presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail (specifically with spreadsheets, timelines and database management)
- Demonstrated ability to be a collaborative team player and establish and maintain positive working relationships, both internally and externally
- High degree of discretion, initiative, resourcefulness and thoughtfulness in the decision-making process
- Strong computer skills including excellent Microsoft Office skills. Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or a comparable
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Must have a vehicle as well as a clean, valid BC Drivers License
Note: Flexibility is necessary, as this position may require occasional weekend and evening work and travel within and outside the Lower Mainland.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resume and cover letter in MS Word or Adobe PDF format to email@example.com by Friday, May 11, 2018. Please specify which role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates who have been short-listed will be contacted.
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Careers Blog!