St. Paul’s Foundation is currently seeking a Manager, Major Gifts, Surgery & Imaging to join its Development Team. Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, the successful candidate will be a high achiever with the ability to successfully navigate a complex organization in a solutions-focused manner.
The preferred candidate will have demonstrated success in major gift fundraising and personal solicitations, ideally achieved in a complex Hospital setting.
The Manager of Major Gifts is a confident solicitor with proven success with asks of $100K+ and has a history of demonstrating exceptional abilities in donor engagement and solicitation.
Experience: The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with a proven track record of fundraising success.
Accountability: The Manager of Major Gifts is responsible for raising funds in support of St. Paul’s Hospital Surgery & Imaging clinical programs and research. The role is to cultivate, solicit and oversee stewardship of donors with capacity to make a minimum $25K annual donation. The incumbent is accountable for the effective development, implementation and execution of strategic Major Gift fundraising plans within an assigned medical portfolio as well as the management of an active fundraising portfolio consisting of 75 to 150 accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring goals for meaningful donor interactions (activity) and fundraising targets (financials) are met or exceeded as well as fundraising targets of a defined medical portfolio and its respective funding priorities
- Develop and implement comprehensive plans for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing, and stewarding gifts for the assigned donor portfolio, including upgrading existing donors
- Working in collaboration with Hospital stakeholders and members of the Communications and Marketing team, develop personal correspondence and proposal materials for prospective donors to generate gifts for priority projects
- Foster good working relationships with key hospital staff
- Working with members of the Donation Processing and Stewardship and Donor Relations teams, recognize and steward donors as the gifts are received; and with the Events Coordinator maintain and coordinate stewardship activities including recognition events, tours, donor wall, naming opportunities etc
- Coordinate and participate in strategy and debrief meetings before & following donor/ stakeholder meetings
- Collaborate with colleagues on donor management to facilitate effective transition from annual to major gifts and planned giving pipelines.
- Coaching colleagues, volunteers and others on fundraising to maximize impact, sharing knowledge, ideas, and updates in a timely and effective manner, being mindful of competing schedules and deadlines
- Prepare briefing and debriefing materials in preparation for meetings with donors and key stakeholders
- Follow established procedures on Raiser’s Edge database for tracking and qualifying prospects and for recording and reporting gifts and ensure that all communications, contacts, correspondence, and actions are recorded.
- Prepare an annual business plan together with the Development team.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Directors of Major Gifts, Campaign and Chief Development Officer
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and techniques of charitable giving and become informed about the tax aspects of charitable gifts and new legislation and revenue rulings affecting such gifts
- When applicable, work with other development and Foundation teams to further the mandate and goals of the Foundation.
- Superior interpersonal skills to engage, motivate and leverage stakeholders both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated management capabilities (staff and volunteers)
- Experience with Raisers Edge an asset
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and collaborative team player
- Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Highly computer-literate with excellent Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- Available to work occasional weekend and evening hours
- Ethical behavior: ensures own behaviour and that of others is consistent with the mission and values of St. Paul’s Foundation.
About St. Paul’s Foundation:
St. Paul’s Foundation raises funds for enhanced patient care, capital projects, equipment needs, research and teaching at St. Paul’s in Vancouver, B.C. Looking ahead to the new, state-of-the art St. Paul’s in 2022—and looking back, to our founding in 1894—the generosity of those in our community has made St. Paul’s the world-leading hospital it is today. www.helpstpauls.com
About St. Paul’s Hospital:
St. Paul’s is a world renowned centre of research, teaching and patient care. Since 1894, St. Paul’s has built a tradition of excellence and compassionate care for the people of BC, including some of our most marginalized populations. Today, St. Paul’s cares for hundreds of thousands of people each year and conducts research and teaching initiatives that benefit patients locally, nationally and globally.
For more information, or to apply in confidence please contact:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.