International China Concern is a Christian development organisation that changes lives by bringing love, hope and opportunity to China’s abandoned and disabled. Founded 25 years ago, ICC exists to help the disadvantaged live life to the full. We believe every child is precious and has the right to be loved, to have hope for the future and the opportunity to realise their dreams. We are currently seeking a fundraising professional for this role entirely focused on donor development and stewardship for ICC Canada. Reporting to the Executive Director, your role will cover four main areas:
Working as part of a small Vancouver-based team, your role will include cultivating an existing portfolio of individual donors to increase donor loyalty and increase the number of partnerships we have with groups. Your effective donor stewardship should result in our partners being aware of how their support is transforming the lives of some of the most vulnerable children in China.
Creatively generating ideas, strategies and managing activities for new donor acquisition.
Managing the grant application process and onward donor stewardship including reporting and compliance activities.
Contributing to Successful Fundraising Events
Identifying sponsorship opportunities and securing sponsors for our fundraising events and working harmoniously with the rest of the team to ensure events are highly successful.
- Working with our international marketing department to ensure campaigns go out to the right people at the right time and measuring campaign effectiveness
- Keeping relevant donor information accurate and updated on our CRM
- Seeking opportunities to increase engagement with groups (such as schools, churches, businesses and community organisations)
- Developing strategies to attract new individual or group donors
- Ongoing donor cultivation, recognition and stewardship
- Managing the grant funding application process – including identifying potential opportunities, creating letters of intent and grant applications, managing the stewardship of these donors and reporting/compliance.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- You have post-secondary education (University or College)
- Over 3 years demonstrable experience of working in a fundraising role for a non-profit
- You have proven ability to write award-winning proposals
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to build relationships easily
- You are skilled at presenting to large groups
- You are team-oriented and have been previously described as a team player
- You have experience using a CRM system and Windows Office Suite
- You may have Mandarin or Cantonese as a second language
WE EMBRACE INDIVIDUALS BEING ABLE TO WORK FLEXIBLY.
Interested candidates should contact Denise Mosawi, Executive Director, International China Concern Canada – email: email@example.com
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Career Blog!