Under the general direction of the Director of Advancement & Alumni Relations and in coordination with the Manager of Marketing and Communications (Public Affairs), the Campaign Communications and Marketing Specialist provides administrative support to the Department and campaign team, including the Development Officer(s), communications consultants (external), and the volunteer committees. Develops, coordinates, compiles and distributes information related to the Campaign. Coordinates event logistics for interviews, cheque presentations, and other special events related to the Campaign. Develops materials such as donor proposals, photography, fact sheets, media releases, speaker’s notes, etc. This position will be required to work evenings and weekends as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing. Two to four years’ experience in a marketing and communications role. Experience managing multiple projects. Experience in performing pro-active media outreach, maintain good working relationships with journalists and generating positive media coverage. Experience leading presentations, focus groups and communication committees. Working knowledge of electronic and print media systems, knowledge of advertising techniques.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and communications software.
- Desktop skills and website design skills would be considered assets.
- Demonstrated event planning, marketing, promotional skills, and presentations skills.
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to plan and think strategically.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and problem-solving skills with superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be flexible and able to manage high work volume and conflicting priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent research skills with ability to synthesize data and deliver findings and recommendations.
- Highly developed level of integrity and discretion and able to maintain strict confidentiality and to handle sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Collaboration & Collegiality
- Continuous Learning & Information Seeking
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Integrity & Accountability
- Student & Service Focus
TO APPLY, VISIT:
Applications will be accepted until April 4, 2018.
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Careers Blog!