Canuck Place Children’s Hospice (CPCH) is British Columbia’s recognized pediatric palliative care provider. For over two decades, through the many programs and services we provide, we have made a significant difference in the lives of children with life-threatening illnesses and the families who love them. Be part of a talented and innovative team that takes pride in supporting and providing the highest quality pediatric palliative care.
As an integral member of the Development team, the focus of this role is to generate annual revenue through building relationships and supporting activities in the Fraser Valley region. You will be focusing on corporate partnerships of $1,000+ and support the cultivation and stewardship of donor relationships while developing employee engagement initiatives.
The incumbent will identify and actively engage school and youth groups to enhance and grow our Kids 4 Kids Program. You will also support Community (third party) fundraising events and bring your organizational skills and community insight to enhance our CPCH hosted events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The successful incumbent will possess a post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant discipline, coupled with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a non-profit/fundraising environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels Experience in the creation and execution of corporate partnerships and school campaigns.
- Public presentation skills an asset.
- Strong attention to detail (specifically with spreadsheets, timelines and database management).
- Demonstrated ability to be a collaborative team player and establish and maintain positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- High degree of discretion, initiative, resourcefulness and thoughtfulness in the decision-making process.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to be flexible around changing priorities.
- Strong computer skills including excellent Microsoft Office skills. Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or a comparable database is an asset.
- Clear and valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
Note: Flexibility is necessary as this position requires day, night, and weekend rotating shift work, and occasional travel within and outside the Lower Mainland.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resume and cover letter in MS Word or Adobe PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 9, 2018. Please specify which role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates who have been short-listed will be contacted.
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Careers Blog!