In the place where innovative education, cutting-edge research and community outreach intersect, you’ll find Simon Fraser University. Our vision? To be Canada’s leading engaged university. Born in 1965, SFU has become Canada’s leading comprehensive university with vibrant campuses in British Columbia’s largest municipalities — Vancouver, Burnaby and Surrey — and deep roots in partner communities throughout the province and around the world.
The Director, Annual Giving is responsible for the direction and management of SFU’s annual fundraising programs for alumni, faculty and staff, corporations and community. The Director is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive Annual Giving program that includes direct mail, digital marketing, Student Calling program and crowdfunding for gifts valued up to $25,000. The Director works collaboratively with other units to build and grow the donor pipeline and provides leadership to staff and volunteers to ensure the effective implementation of all programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications and five years of related experience including direct response fundraising, marketing and communications, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent financial management, human resource management and administrative skills.
- Excellent coaching, leadership, team management, and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on a number of different initiatives concurrently.
- Ability to effectively lead and collaborate on teams, multitask, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate fundraising initiatives and programs, and complex and time-sensitive projects.
- Ability to identify and successfully solicit prospects and volunteers for fundraising or service activities.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment exercising mature judgment and a high level of diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to conduct basic research and statistical/data analysis.
- Proficient in the use of standard office applications and prospect management systems.
Simon Fraser University offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a defined benefit pension plan and tuition waivers.
For more information, to receive the full position prospectus, or to apply
in confidence please contact:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.