Want to help build the future of animal welfare in BC? Come join the dynamic and professional Revenue Development team at the BC SPCA in this exciting, key position of Director, Philanthropy.
The BC SPCA is planning to build a Centre of Excellence for Animal Welfare replacing our decrepit and aging shelter, hospital and provincial programs office. The BC SPCA is one of North America’s most progressive animal welfare organizations with evidence-based standards of care. A new purpose-built facility will allow us to deliver the highest of science-based standards to the vulnerable animals in our care and allow us to realize our potential as world leaders in animal welfare.
We are currently seeking a senior fundraiser for the position of Director, Philanthropy to lead our Philanthropy team. Their primary focus will be day to day responsibility for managing the capital campaign. They will work with campaign counsel services, the Chief Development Officer, the CEO and a volunteer cabinet to ensure the success of the building campaign. They will be the relationship manager for leadership level prospects and have overall responsibility for building and managing the prospect pipeline. They will be responsible for utilizing appropriate measures and metrics to analyze, monitor, evaluate and, where necessary, initiate alteration of capital campaign plans. They will also ensure, through strategic planning and oversight that major annual giving goals are met, and that major annual and capital campaign efforts are integrated and/or in accord as necessary.
To be successful in this role you will have significant progressive experience in professional fundraising ideally culminating in a senior fundraising role. You will have a demonstrated track record of success in ‘frontline’ major gift fundraising securing six and seven-figure gifts. You will bring professionalism, diplomacy, inspiration and authenticity to building strong relationships with senior level volunteers, the philanthropic community, existing donors, executive level staff and colleagues. You will be a strategic and analytical thinker who can look beyond existing methodologies to resolve complex issues. You will be committed, not just to the success of this campaign, but to strategically directing the major annual portfolio and planting the seeds for future philanthropic success and growth at the BC SPCA.
The BC SPCA is over 123 years young and growing stronger every year. We are a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in British Columbia. Today we have 44 locations throughout BC and provincial office in Vancouver, the BC SPCA provides a wide range of services and programs to help more than 45,000 animals in distress and need each year. The BC SPCA is proud to be among the elite group of Canadian organizations to be accredited by Imagine Canada, the national umbrella for charities and non-profit organizations. Organizations that receive this accreditation are recognized for their excellence in five main areas: financial accountability and transparency, board governance, fundraising, staff management and volunteer involvement. The BC SPCA was the first Canadian humane society to hold Imagine Canada accreditation.
Knowledge & Qualifications / Skills Required:
- University degree or relevant post-secondary education.
- Sound understanding of fundraising principles (CFRE designation is an asset).
- Significant progressive experience in professional fundraising ideally culminating in a senior fundraising role.
- A minimum of 5 years’ recent experience directing and supporting staff, including fundraising professionals.
- A demonstrated track record of success in ‘frontline’ major gift fundraising securing six and seven-figure gifts.
- Experience supporting and motivating senior fundraising volunteers.
- Experience collaborating and contributing effectively with senior executive and volunteers.
- Experience in multi-year strategic planning, financial budgeting, budget implementation and revenue forecasting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that shine when interacting and building connections with prospective and current donors.
- Maintains confidentiality of, and treats with tact, frequently sensitive and emotionally charged information.
- Ability to make strategic decisions based on analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Self-directed, with excellent organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Professional demeanor, attire and presentation required.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge.
- Regular business hours are office hours Monday to Friday, however, this position requires flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required.
For more information, to receive the full position prospectus, or to apply in confidence please contact:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
The BC SPCA is a Registered Charity BN 11881 9036 RR0001