The St. Thomas Aquinas Regional Secondary (STA) Alumni Engagement and Development Officer is responsible for the planning and implementation of the STA Alumni Association to include programs, projects and events that strategically engage alumni and provide tangible benefits to the school community.
This position is also responsible for maintaining multi-year pledges made to the Build STA Campaign while managing annual giving activities such as the Marching Saints Walk-a-Thon.
This individual will help increase the school’s profile within the North Shore community and will promote STA in a professional and enthusiastic manner at all times.
The position reports to the STA Regional Education Committee (REC) and School Administration
- Identify, recruit and work closely with the Alumni Association Board of Directors, arranging its meetings, staffing its committees and ensuring strong and productive relationships between its members, school administration and REC;
- Plan, implement and promote alumni programs, projects and events that support STA
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and print publications
- Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in programs
- Work with school administration to introduce alumni involvement in the student lift at STA; partner with the academic advisor and school administration to plan the growth and accessibility of career networking services for students and alumni
- Oversee the plan to increase support from alumni; routinely identify and qualify alumni prospects for potential gifts and maintain these records in DonorPerfect Online
- Oversee and balance the budget for Alumni Relations; within the annual program budget, manage existing and/or additional alumni programs, services and communications
- Maintain relationships with donors and administrate multi-year pledges made through the Phase I Build STA Campaign
- Based on existing pledges/donations to the Phase I Build STA Campaign this individual will coordinate the donor recognition wall and commemorative naming opportunities within new school building
- Oversee annual giving activities to raise funds for select special projects and events in collaboration with REC
- Promote STA within North Shore Regional Parishes
- Attain/Achieve annual fundraising targets set in conjunction with the REC, the school administration & Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Issue donation tax receipts on behalf of the school
- A minimum of three years of experience in alumni relations and external affairs with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively with school staff, administration, alumni, regional parishes and the extended North Shore Catholic community
- Ability and experience in strategizing, implementing and building programs and events, along with a talent for motivating volunteers
- Strong writing, planning and organizational skills
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Extensive experience with DonorPerfect Online or other constituent database
- Experience with online marketing and communications including social media is an asset
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to Michael Coyne at email@example.com.
In your cover letter, please share your understanding of STA and why you would like to work with the school. Please include ‘Alumni and Development Officer Application’ in the Subject line of your email and include your last name in the file name for both your resume and cover letter.
Submit your application as soon as possible. We review applications as they are received. Thank you for your interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted and we will not be accepting telephone calls.
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Careers Blog!