Our mission: Learning to live well, with others and for others,
in a just community.
Founded in 1985, Meadowridge School is independent IB continuum school. We offer junior kindergarten to Grade 12 to over 600 students on our beautiful 27-acre campus in Maple Ridge, BC. Our staff and students come from a diverse range of backgrounds and represent over 30 countries.
We are seeking to fill the newly created role of Manager of Philanthropy. Reporting to the Director of Development this position will be responsible for the Annual Fund, event sponsorships, donor relations and stewardship. Working with the Advancement team, this position will support senior leaders and volunteers in the development and launch of a capital campaign which will mark a significant milestone in our School’s history.
As this position will play a key role in engaging our Mandarin speaking families in our school community and fundraising, fluency in written and spoken Mandarin is required.
Employment at Meadowridge School is an opportunity to join a welcoming community of students, parents, teachers, and staff. We have a vibrant and lively campus where every day is different. The advancement team is a creative environment in which we support and learn from each other.
- Create an annual fund development plan and execute activities from the plan.
- Support the prospect development process (identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, recognition, and stewardship) of individuals and organizations that are major or planned gifts prospects.
- Responsible for the management of a personal portfolio of prospects.
- Solicit individual and corporate sponsorships for our annual gala, annual golf tournament, and other events.
- Coordinate data analysis and the preparation of reports.
- Recruiting, training and supporting volunteers.
- Coordinate and implement an integrated stewardship program.
- Oversee processing, receipting, and acknowledgment of gifts on a timely basis.
- Support the School in communicating with and engaging Mandarin speaking families at Open House and other events, on social media; during the admissions process and for all fundraising activities.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Fluency in Mandarin – written and spoken.
- Relevant fund development experience, with demonstrated judgment and leadership in both fundraising and administrative matters.
- Excellent experience working with volunteers in a fund development role.
- A demonstrated track record of experience in/with identifying, engaging and soliciting donors.
- Experience in various types of prospect research, stewardship, special events, and communications.
- Commitment to maintaining the highest ethical standards of the profession.
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, problem-solving abilities and results orientation.
- Experience writing effective fund development materials, including a Case for Support and other documents and materials used for engagement and solicitation.
- Experience developing an overarching annual fund development plan.
- Proven project management skills.
- Assessing progress against the fund development plan and recommending adjustments to activity and targets as appropriate.
- Organized, enthusiastic, innovative and able to deal with ambiguity and tight deadlines while working effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of fund development best practices and sector standards.
- Knowledge of tax laws and how these laws apply to the School in gifting, fund development, etc.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization.
- Proven relationship-building skills.
- Solid presentations skills.
- Understanding of best practices in the assessment and measurement of fund development initiatives and campaigns.
- Effective coaching skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to build an organization through effective recruitment, training and motivation.
- Initiates and completes processes that achieve new, unique or challenging objectives.
- Establishes goals and achieve increases in organizational effectiveness.
- Advocates and exhibits excellent customer service internally and externally.
- Welcomes a dynamic and changing environment.
- Creative thinker.
- Accepts ownership and accountability and possesses a high level of integrity.
- Outgoing and engaging.
- Establish, develop and maintain new and ongoing partnerships external stakeholder groups.
- Propose, when appropriate, strategic partnerships with stakeholders as it relates to the development office.
- Passionate about education and philanthropy.
For more information, or to apply in confidence please contact:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.