The BCIT Foundation is seeking to build and grow their team with the addition of a regular full time, Development Officer to manage a portfolio and prospects within the Development team. BCIT is launching the largest campaign in our 50-year history; this position plays a key role in the acquisition, retention and the upgrade of major donors. The successful candidate thrives in a dynamic environment, manages both complexity and ambiguity well and is both a strong team player, while being able to self-start and lead as required. The Development Officer will be responsible for cultivating and developing internal and external relationships and nurturing industry partnerships by identifying and executing opportunities for donations. Elements of this position include developing proposals/cases for support from concept to completion, donor prospecting, securing gifts and strategic fund development that delivers impact. This position participates in annual goal setting, strategic planning and works closely with the Foundation and Alumni Relations team, BCIT Schools and Departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Works with the Executive Director to develop short and long term strategies to maximize major giving opportunities at BCIT.
- Participates in the annual strategic planning process for Foundation and Advancement Division.
- Applies creativity and innovation in developing new approaches for philanthropy in conjunction with the Development Team identifies fundraising opportunities based on School and BCIT priority initiatives.
- Develops, implements, and/or augments strategies to grow annual revenue in support of priority areas, setting annual benchmarks for growth and goal achievement.
- Creates and implements individual personal and tailored fundraising and stewardship plans for donors.
- Oversees the maintenance and management of individual donor and prospect accounts.
- Ensures gifts and pledges are accurately documented, processed and receipts issued in a timely manner.
- Researches, develops, writes and prepares proposals and grant applications.
- Increases BCIT’s internal community’s awareness of and involvement in the Division’s fundraising activities and strategies.
- Develops tailored programs designed to gain/enhance the interest and involvement of prospects.
- Oversees the performance and development of staff as assigned to specific projects.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC’sTop 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensationpackage which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension
- Access toProfessional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge withTuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- AdditionalWellness and Employee Assistance programs.
For more information, or to apply in confidence please contact:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.