The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for providing the strategy and direction for the University’s brand, communication, marketing, and public relations activities. The ED manages the Marketing and Communications Department, which includes marketing, media relations, public relations, creative services and the University’s website.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Advance and protect the brand of Trinity Western University.
- Increase market share for undergraduate and graduate student enrolments.
- Provide strategic communication counsel directed toward internal and external constituents.
- Conduct relevant ongoing research to inform marketing, program and public relations’ activities.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a member of the Presidents Council.
- Provide leadership in developing the university’s brand, communication and marketing strategies.
- Effectively manage Marketing and Communications budget. Ensure appropriate measurement and tracking is in place so that marketing is cost-effectively driving leads.
- Provide communication services to internal clients.
- Develop and update a strategic marketing plan in conjunction with the program areas and sales teams.
- Ensure that sales efforts are supported through content marketing via print, email and social media targeted to prospective students at various stages of the sales funnel.
- Direct the development of an institutional image.
- Coordinate seamlessly the University brand with the athletic brand in representing the University externally.
- Provide leadership for the Marketing and Communications team.
- Select, direct, and evaluate the Marketing and Communications team members.
- Bring a marketing perspective to executives for planning the University’s future.
- Provide direction on data and reports required for specific market, market segment, or behavioural analysis studies required.
- Oversee the development of all print and media campaigns for the University.
- Advise on new student recruitment marketing and retention strategies.
- Conduct feasibility studies regarding the development of new academic programs and evaluate existing programs.
- Provide an overview of the University’s marketplace relevance and competitive mix.
- Coordinate the University’s social media, Internet and mobile communication strategies.
- Manage the negotiation of large buys with the media representing the University as a whole. Segment out messaging by product, while leveraging the overall advertising budget as a whole.
- Bring leadership to the various media agencies and outside vendors that work on behalf of the University and ensure that each entity works seamlessly and in conjunction as part of the University-wide strategy.
- Coordinate with the sales teams in segmentation and control of data, focusing on inquiry processing and the transition from inquiry to manage care of the prospective student.
- Provide leadership for the University’s publications and the President’s annual report.
- Provide direction for the University’s external media relations’ activities.
Job Standards & Requirements
- Masters in Leadership or Business Administration preferred, with a marketing background (in higher education preferred). Some sales experience is a plus.
- At least 10 years of marketing experience, with at least 5 years of senior leadership experience in marketing, and experience in public relations preferred.
- Experience in higher education is an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively, orally and written.
- Organized, disciplined, and able to work with minimal direct supervision. Creative, resourceful, and independent.
- Proficient with computer software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and preferably Adobe and Google Analytics.
- Broad understanding of Internet and creative media including video.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanour while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Warm-hearted, dedicated, committed and mature evangelical Christian with a keen desire to serve in family, church, work and community.
- A firm commitment to TWU’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Covenant.
- Impeccable character and reputation, a pleasant personality with a positive and friendly attitude in the midst of a very busy and challenging university atmosphere.
For more information, or to apply in confidence please contact:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.