Burnaby Family Life is seeking an experienced, resourceful and enthusiastic Fund Development Coordinator to coordinate our fundraising efforts. The successful candidate will be able to work independently while maintaining open lines of communication, be a creative multi-tasker, and have knowledge of many aspects of Fundraising.
About Burnaby Family Life
Since 1971, Burnaby Family Life has been offering quality community social services in Burnaby and in neighbouring communities, too. We’re building on that tradition and working every day to make this a more inclusive, welcoming and safe community for all. We’re blessed with a dedicated Board of Directors, committed professional staff and volunteers and we’re grateful for the support we receive from hundreds of donors, sponsors and members.
Burnaby Family Life’s mission is to deliver high-quality services that meet the current and emerging needs of individuals, families and the community in all its diversity. We facilitate and empower collaborative community solutions to enable all to reach their full potential.
Reports to: Executive Director
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Executive Assistant to implement fundraising activities
- Maintain donor database
- Help develop an appealing mission for donors to give to
- Implement direct mail campaigns and follow-up with phone calls and meetings
- Maintain dedicated webpage with images, videos and stories
- Develop a regular e-newsletter for existing donors
- Meet with donors in person to build relationships
- Generates new ideas and opportunities to increase fundraising and fund development
- Researches corporations and foundations to identify and evaluate potential funding sources
- Supports the Kids Challenge Committee in following up on corporate sponsor leads
- Represents Burnaby Family at fundraising and public awareness events
- Create and maintain a fundraising budget
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience in fundraising, ideally with a not for profit organization with proven ability to grow and expand donor base
- Experience in sales, customer service, special events, administration, project management, prospect research and annual giving
- Proven experience in roles requiring strategic vision, planning, and innovative thinking to capitalize on opportunities while managing multiple priorities
- Willingness to meet with donors outside of regular work hours on evenings and weekends
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in Event Management
- Interest and commitment to the values of Burnaby Family Life
- Demonstrated success in roles that require creative ideas to reach objectives
- Experience in setting up different Fundraising plans
- Diplomatic and tactful
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment
Salary range: $42,406 – $51,105 annually, to commensurate with experience.
Comprehensive dental and health benefits are made available once the candidate has passed the probationary period.
Apply by submitting a cover letter and resume with relevant experience to email@example.com, with attention to Michel Pouliot.
Subject line must read: Fund Development Coordinator
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For more information about our organization, please visit www.burnabyfamilylife.org
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Careers Blog!