Havergal College is a pre-eminent Canadian independent school for girls from JK to Grade 12. We are seeking an organized, enthusiastic, and dedicated individual to join our faculty and staff as our Events Manager.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Advancement & Community Relations, the Events Manager will work collaboratively with the school to plan, coordinate and execute school events, which include but are not limited to, Havergal College Parent Association (HCPA) events, donor events, reunion-related events, marquee events and graduation.
The incumbent will act as a resource for the school community, developing guidelines, procedures, tools and templates for events that complement the school’s strategic directions.
The Events Manager will work closely with Advancement and Community Relations, the Principal’s Office, staff and faculty, external suppliers and senior volunteers to execute events that enhance the reputation of Havergal College.
Principal’s Office and School Events (30%):
- Consult with key stakeholders on the planning, coordination, execution and evaluation of marquee school events, such as but not limited to, Celebration Saturday, Carol Service, Founder’s Day Graduation, New Parents’ Reception, et cetera.
- Manage a centralized registration system and track school-wide events, including the development and maintenance of an events calendar.
- Act as an expert and creative events resource for the school community, ensuring the highest quality events consistent with the Havergal’s standing as a premier independent girl’s school.
- Develop guidelines, procedures, tools and templates for event and conference management that support events throughout the school, ensuring consistency and effective execution. Ensure guidelines and templates are shared internally as required.
Advancement and Community Relations Events (70%):
- Working closely with members of the marketing and communications, development and alumnae relations teams, organize, implement and evaluate all advancement and community engagement events (reunions, dedications, parent engagement events, stewardship-related celebrations), as well as cultivation events designed to educate and engage prospective donors of major gifts.
- Research suppliers, negotiate quotes, oversee deliverables and assess work. Where appropriate, establish and monitor budgets for advancement and key school events.
- Produce post-event evaluation to inform future events.
- Track and manage event guest list and attendance.
Experience & Qualifications:
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must possess the following experience, qualification, knowledge, and/or ability:
- Minimum of 5 years’ event planning experience.
- Simultaneous management of a variety of events and activities.
- Experience negotiating event contracts.
- Proven track record of successful project management with ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop creative and innovative events.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and project management skills.
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes.
- Ability to work independently and creatively while at the same time functioning as a team member.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment.
- Superior written and strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning, budgeting and forecasting skills.
- Must be collaborative and team-oriented.
- Relationship focused and results oriented.
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Occasional participation in evening and weekend events is required.
For more information, to receive the full position prospectus, or to apply in confidence please contact:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.