This role is responsible for developing and managing all activities for Annual Giving at Union Gospel Mission as directed by the Director, Resource Development. This includes leading the Annual and Special Giving team, as well as the Gift Processing team, and the Development Officer Monthly Giving, working closely with various internal and external teams to develop and execute strategies in support of comprehensive fundraising activity with monthly donors, all donor stewardship and cultivation, donor events, peer to peer and utilizing key performance indicators to proactively measure results in order to attract, retain and upgrade annual donors to build a prospect pool for major gift and legacy donors. It is also responsible for ensuring proper policies and procedures are established and followed, in line with CRA, CCCC and AFP guidelines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Mass Fundraising to Annual and Special Giving and Monthly Donors
- Develop and manage the program’s strategic plans, budget, performance metrics and related goals and objectives and executes plans that support the fundraising program to regular (annual), special, and monthly donor portfolios.
- Lead the two teams, Annual and Special Giving, responsible for these areas.
- Provides leadership, direction and development to the Annual Giving, and the Development Officer Monthly Giving with respect to fundraising and stewardship activities to identify donor prospects, increase donor retention, and increase giving.
- Responsible for developing donor pipelines leading to Principle and Legacy Giving.
- Supports Development Officer Monthly Giving in annual planning and execution of annual telefundraising campaigns.
- Supports Senior Development Officer Annual & Special Giving in planning and execution of annual radiothon event.
- Works collaboratively with Senior Development Manager, Strategy and Marketing to ensure alignment in strategy and results.
Gift Processing Team Leadership
- Provide leadership, direction and development to the Gift Processing team.
- Ensure integrity of data in the Raiser’s Edge database and optimized usage.
- Ensure segmentations and data pulls for appeals are accurate.
- Evaluate and ensure accurate inputting of donor information, timely receipting (within 72 hours), effectively write thank you notes for donations, excellent customer service and accurate accounting in coordination with UGM’s Accounting department.
- Review procedures and ensure practice is in accordance with CRA guidelines.
- Create and update gift processing operations manual; as well as maintaining a thorough knowledge of the Raiser’s Edge CMS.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Raiser’s Edge CMS database, troubleshoot problems when necessary, and update operations manual.
- Evaluate the cost and procurement of required supplies, materials, and leased/purchased equipment.
- Ensure proper security measures are taken and confidentiality agreements are made with staff.
Developing and Reporting Departmental KPI’s
- Produce short and long term reports and KPI reports for the Director of Resource Development and the department.
Organization, Leadership and Management of Staff
- Work with outside consultants and agencies such as Russ Reid, Frontier Consulting, CauseWorx or others to expand capacity and provide measurable revenue increases to UGM.
- Manage, train, develop and supervise direct reports; conduct annual performance reviews.
- Provide coaching to staff as requested by leadership
- Participate in hiring and firing of direct reports.
- Schedules all shifts and vacation entitlements of direct reports.
- Adhere to all UGM published policies, practices and procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University and/or professional certification, along with 3 to 5 years of experience in annual giving, management and the not for profit sector.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential material and situations.
- Proven time management skills.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Intermediate computer skills (Excel, Word and Outlook).
For more information, to receive the full position prospectus, or to apply in confidence please contact:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.