Havergal College is a pre-eminent Canadian independent school for girls from JK to Grade 12. We are seeking an innovative, enthusiastic, and dedicated individual to join our faculty and staff as our Advancement Officer, Major Gifts.
The Advancement Officer, Major Gifts, plays a key role in Havergal’s Limitless Campaign. As a member of the campaign team, and working with school administration, the Limitless Campaign Cabinet, Advancement Committee and Board of Governors, the Advancement Officer, Major Gifts, will secure philanthropic support for Havergal College by managing a group of 100-150 assigned prospects and donors, assuring that as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organization and are upgraded in their giving and involvement.
- Will qualify a caseload.
- Will create individual goals for each person on his or her caseload based on the prospect/donor’s history of giving and Havergal’s knowledge of that donor’s potential.
- Will create a plan for each donor that will serve as a foundational communication and marketing plan for each person on the caseload. Will faithfully and on a timely basis execute that plan so individuals on the caseload are engaged, retained and upgraded.
- Will work with program and the communications department to secure appropriate project information, including budgets, and create offers, proposals and asks that will be used with persons on the caseload to secure gifts.
- Will create monthly reports as required by management that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance.
- Will perform other major donor activities as may be required.
- The Major Gifts Officer will understand and perform his/her duties in accordance with the mission and values of Havergal College and work in a manner that will enhance the activities of the whole A&CR team. The Major Gifts Officer will serve on a number of internal and volunteer committees and will handle all information ethically, accurately and confidentially.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A minimum of five years’ experience, preferably in higher education (or a comparably complex organization), in development and advancement services or a related field.
- Exemplary communication skills.
- Ability to power through challenges.
- University degree required; CFRE designation or equivalent an asset.
- Superior relationship building skills, including the ability to relate effectively with people at all levels both internal and external to Havergal.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
- Strong management skills, with the ability to mentor, coach and supervise development professionals.
- A results-oriented focus and an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising and problem-solving.
- Some travel, as well as evening/weekend work is required.
Employment and Application Details:
Havergal College offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Employment Term: Full Time – 3-year term with option to renew
Reports to: Executive Director of Advancement & Community Relations
For more information or to apply (by June 12, 2017) in confidence please contact:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.