To inspire support and funding for excellence in child health.
BC Children’s Hospital is one of the most recognized and highly regarded institutions in the province; 95 per cent of British Columbians are aware of our brand. Over the past decade, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, which supports the activities of the hospital (including its mental health and research programs) and Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children, has grown dramatically in terms of scope of activity and fundraising success. Since 2004-05 revenues have more than doubled, reaching $96.2 million in 2014-15. Today, following the successful completion of our $200-million capital campaign, we are building on our strengths in annual and major gift fundraising, and marketing and communications.
We are always on the lookout for more advocates for pediatric care and compelling storytellers to join our team. If you are committed to aligning donor interests with positive outcomes for children in BC and the Yukon, we want to hear from you. Come grow with us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Director, Philanthropy, you will develop plans and execute high-touch activities to advance BCCHF’s leadership annual giving program. You will be responsible for growing this program utilizing a broad range of activities, including direct response strategies, personal cultivation and solicitation, and essential partner involvement. You will also provide professional support and guidance to the Children’s Circle of Care Committee ($10,000 – $24,999).
In addition to program growth, you will also be responsible for building a bridge between the leadership annual giving and major gift programs by identifying donors, capable of commitments of $25,000 or more. Working with colleagues across the Foundation and fostering a strong spirit of collaboration in advancing leadership annual giving, you will lead and manage strategies across program boundaries.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Program Management – Develop, implement and oversee annual marketing, stewardship and solicitation plans to increase revenue across all leadership donor levels with particular focus on donor acquisition, retention, and upgrading. Plan, organize, participate and evaluate effectiveness of a variety of solicitation programs and strategies designed to increase interest in and support of various BCCHF initiatives. Oversee the management of systems in order to assure accurate donor database and information systems to support leadership annual giving program. Prepare reports and statistical analysis to support the growth of the program. Work in coordination with Foundation teams to appropriately recognize and steward leadership annual donors.
- Volunteer Management – Identify and recruit volunteers for the Children’s Circle of Care Committee. Provide professional support and guidance to the Committee Chair. Ensure that all committee volunteers have clear roles and responsibilities and are engaged with and informed about the hospital. Create a positive experience for volunteers and implement a volunteer stewardship program that appropriately thanks and recognizes the Committee for their efforts.
- Donor Development – Conduct cultivation, solicitation and stewardship visits with donors for whom face-to-face visits are the appropriate method. Manage a portfolio of leadership annual donors who require a higher level of attention. Achieve personal annual targets, including activation of donors, call counts and revenue results.
- Pipeline Development – Identify and assist in cultivating individuals who can be included in the major gift prospect pool. Ensure the smooth transition of the relationship to the major gifts team.
- Staff Supervision – Supervise, coach and mentor one support staff.
- Philanthropy Advocate – Serve as an ambassador for the Foundation both within the hospital and larger community, consistently and convincingly demonstrating the role and importance of philanthropic support in advancing pediatric healthcare and research at BC Children’s Hospital.
As the successful candidate, you will have a post-secondary degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years of direct fundraising experience with a proven track record of success (or the equivalent acceptable combination of education and experience). Working towards a CFRE designation or possession of a CFRE designation is an asset.
Additionally, you demonstrate the following:
- Experience in managing individual donor development programs
- Knowledge of direct response and experience with personal ask and stewardship best practices
- Proven experience in building relationships with donors and managing volunteers
- Experience with MS Office and using databases to increase income from individual giving — experience with Raisers’ Edge is an asset
- Ability to think creatively in relation to individual giving strategy and opportunities to promote giving programs
- Excellent problem solving skills, business acumen, strategic aptitude and sound judgment
- Proven success with working across teams in a collaborative and inclusive manner
- Exceptional communication (oral and written), presentation and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and strong organizational and analytical skills
HOW TO APPLY
BCCHF’s employees have helped to create a work environment in which there is laughter, passion and pride. It is a place where people are respected, appreciated and recognized for their individual and team efforts. We see our employees as our most valuable resource, and we work hard to ensure that employees continue to work in a collaborative and positive environment. As a result, we are proud to state that we have been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for 7 years in a row!
In addition to a nine-day fortnight and a commitment to professional development, we offer a dynamic team environment and a comprehensive compensation package including benefits. If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online at www.bcchf.ca/careers by Monday, August 1st, 2016
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Careers Blog – Fundraising ONLY!