Reporting to the Head of School, the Director of External Relations oversees the School’s External Relations team, which includes responsibility for advancement, public relations, communications, marketing, branding and alumnae relations.
Specifically, this position has oversight for the development and implementation of all fundraising initiatives with the objective of securing ongoing, sustained revenue for the School. The Director will develop stewardship strategy and manage priorities, goals, and budgets; research, identify and engage with potential donors and other sources of potential revenue, including government/corporate grants and other opportunities available to not-for-profit organizations.
This position will also manage alumnae relations with the goal of building and sustaining strong relationships with all alumnae and supporters through a variety of means to be developed and executed by the Director. This role includes managing the administrative support for the External Relations Office, the donor/alumnae/student database and all activities pertaining to donor relations, including record keeping and issuing of tax receipts.
Empathy Humility Responsibility Integrity Respect Resilience
Communications Coordinator, Alumnae Relations/Donor Data Base Officer, Annual Fund/Fundraising Officer and student, parent and staff volunteers engaged in Advancement-related activities.
- University degree; CFRE qualifications preferred.
- 10+ years of fundraising experiences and demonstrated record of success.
- Demonstrated leadership and senior management ability; experience with fund raising for a capital campaign an asset.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Proficiency with data base management and the use of Raiser’s Edge.
- Developed competencies in the area of impact and influence through relationship building and networking.
- Highly developed interpersonal strengths.
- Strong organizational ability and ability to prioritize.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Ability to be innovative and think outside the box regarding creative strategies to engage prospective donors and supporters for the School.
- A self-directed and creative individual.
- Superior EQ skills in self-awareness, self-management, social agility, empathy, impact and influence, mastery of purpose and vision.
- Knowledge of independent school an asset.
For more information, to receive the full position prospectus, or to apply in confidence please contact:
Gérard Consulting – Fundraising Talent Management
Phil Gérard, President
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.