Reporting to the Associate Director, Advancement, the Advancement Database Manager is responsible for managing the Raiser’s Edge Database in support of the school’s advancement activities. The ideal candidate will possess strong technology skills as the database management requires a level of understanding and ability to transform data between software interfaces. Reporting will include data extrapolation, manipulation and data mining for a variety of purposes. York House School is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to work with the Advancement team.
Database Manager Responsibilities
- Software application support
- Helping to research plan and prepare for software upgrades (Raiser’s Edge)
- Data mining and prospect research
- Ensure data integrity and data quality
- Assist with the delivery of a comprehensive donor and volunteer recognition program
- Provide Raiser’s Edge training to YHS staff as required
- Work with various departments throughout the organization to ensure that all data is accurate
from one system to another
- Review and keep up to date policy and procedures for database management
- Correspond with Communications and Technology departments regarding any changes/problems or updates regarding Raiser’s’ Edge database management and upkeep
- Senior level administration of Raiser’s Edge including security, configuration and business rules
- Searching for and leading continuous improvement initiatives
- Create, maintain and update constituent records on an ongoing basis (parents, alumnae, grandparents, friends, and staff) in Raiser’s Edge database
- Process all donations ensuring that each is appropriately and promptly received, recorded and tax receipted
- Prepare and mail pledge reminders on a monthly basis
- Generate advancement reports for various constituents
- Provide administrative support for various Advancement events throughout the school year
- Provide financial reports in support of Advancement and the Finance Office as needed
- Participate in committees as requested or needed by the School
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Human Resources as required for contract management
- Attend occasional evening and weekend Advancement activities and events
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned
- Demonstrated analytical ability and thorough knowledge of both the advancement process and database systems
- High attention to detail
- Ability to fulfil responsibilities with high standards in customer service and support the school mission
- Strategic thinking, lifelong learner, always looking to update and improve skills, systems and processes
- Welcoming, approachable demeanour and professional appearance
- Strong organizational and time management skills, productive and efficient
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, take initiative and be proactive
- Flexible, ability to adapt well to change and prioritize
- High level of professionalism, with an ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Proven ability to exercise tact, discretion and good judgment when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Knowledgeable in compliance requirements (i.e., PIPEDA, CASL, CRA, PCI)
- Computer Literacy required:
- Advanced knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and familiarity with Blackbaud’s On Products
- Intermediate to advanced ability working with database management or Information Systems, and/or familiarity with Crystal Reports (or equivalent) is an asset
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as proficiency with Mac, Google docs and Gmail, particularly advanced skills in using spreadsheets
- Demonstrated experience conducting mail merges is required
- Demonstrated contact management/database experience
- Stays abreast of software updates
- Previous experience in an independent school environment is preferred
- Completion of post-secondary education (degree, diploma, certificate required)
- 3-5 years previous administrative experience
- Knowledge of Privacy regulations and PCI compliance
- Previous experience in software implementation an asset
To learn more about this exceptional community please visit us at www.yorkhouse.ca
A criminal record and vulnerable sector check is a requirement.
Please send a cover letter and resume, with references to:
Heather Kuzsel, Director of Human Resources
Closing Date: June 30, 2017
We thank all candidates in advance and will only contact those selected for an interview.
Please mention that you saw this career opportunity on Phil’s Careers Blog!
This role is responsible for developing and managing all activities for Annual Giving at Union Gospel Mission as directed by the Director, Resource Development. This includes leading the Annual and Special Giving team, as well as the Gift Processing team, and the Development Officer Monthly Giving, working closely with various internal and external teams to develop and execute strategies in support of comprehensive fundraising activity with monthly donors, all donor stewardship and cultivation, donor events, peer to peer and utilizing key performance indicators to proactively measure results in order to attract, retain and upgrade annual donors to build a prospect pool for major gift and legacy donors. It is also responsible for ensuring proper policies and procedures are established and followed, in line with CRA, CCCC and AFP guidelines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Mass Fundraising to Annual and Special Giving and Monthly Donors
- Develop and manage the program’s strategic plans, budget, performance metrics and related goals and objectives and executes plans that support the fundraising program to regular (annual), special, and monthly donor portfolios.
- Lead the two teams, Annual and Special Giving, responsible for these areas.
- Provides leadership, direction and development to the Annual Giving, and the Development Officer Monthly Giving with respect to fundraising and stewardship activities to identify donor prospects, increase donor retention, and increase giving.
- Responsible for developing donor pipelines leading to Principle and Legacy Giving.
- Supports Development Officer Monthly Giving in annual planning and execution of annual telefundraising campaigns.
- Supports Senior Development Officer Annual & Special Giving in planning and execution of annual radiothon event.
- Works collaboratively with Senior Development Manager, Strategy and Marketing to ensure alignment in strategy and results.
Gift Processing Team Leadership
- Provide leadership, direction and development to the Gift Processing team.
- Ensure integrity of data in the Raiser’s Edge database and optimized usage.
- Ensure segmentations and data pulls for appeals are accurate.
- Evaluate and ensure accurate inputting of donor information, timely receipting (within 72 hours), effectively write thank you notes for donations, excellent customer service and accurate accounting in coordination with UGM’s Accounting department.
- Review procedures and ensure practice is in accordance with CRA guidelines.
- Create and update gift processing operations manual; as well as maintaining a thorough knowledge of the Raiser’s Edge CMS.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Raiser’s Edge CMS database, troubleshoot problems when necessary, and update operations manual.
- Evaluate the cost and procurement of required supplies, materials, and leased/purchased equipment.
- Ensure proper security measures are taken and confidentiality agreements are made with staff.
Developing and Reporting Departmental KPI’s
- Produce short and long term reports and KPI reports for the Director of Resource Development and the department.
Organization, Leadership and Management of Staff
- Work with outside consultants and agencies such as Russ Reid, Frontier Consulting, CauseWorx or others to expand capacity and provide measurable revenue increases to UGM.
- Manage, train, develop and supervise direct reports; conduct annual performance reviews.
- Provide coaching to staff as requested by leadership
- Participate in hiring and firing of direct reports.
- Schedules all shifts and vacation entitlements of direct reports.
- Adhere to all UGM published policies, practices and procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University and/or professional certification, along with 3 to 5 years of experience in annual giving, management and the not for profit sector.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential material and situations.
- Proven time management skills.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Intermediate computer skills (Excel, Word and Outlook).
For more information, to receive the full position prospectus, or to apply in confidence please contact:
Gérard Consulting – Fundraising Talent Management
Phil Gérard, President
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.