Please download the full position prospectus here:
Posting – Director of Major Gifts, Keyano College
About Keyano College
Keyano College is a comprehensive community institution located in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, one of Canada’s fastest growing urban areas. The College has stewardship responsibility for the northeast region of Alberta, which requires that it provide access to a range of post-secondary programs and services for the population located in its service area. Over the course of history, Keyano College has proactively positioned itself as a community builder along with its industry and community partners and accordingly, has facilitated both the achievement of rural development objectives by educating and training the human resource capital required for industry expansion while also serving as the primary acculturating institution within the region.
Reporting to the Vice President, External Relations & Advancement, the Director of Major Gifts is responsible for the overall management of the major gifts program. The Director of Major Gifts will develop and implement a plan for major gift fundraising for Keyano College. Working closely with faculty and staff of the college, the Director of Major Gifts will promote philanthropy and the acquisition of major gifts. The Director of Major Gifts will also work closely with the Director of Annual Giving, Director of Alumni Relations and the Fundraising & Events Officers to ensure coordination amongst the Advancement portfolio. The Director of Major Gifts will be able to work independently while also working as a member of Keyano College’s Advancement team. The Director of Major Gifts will be an individual with a strong development background, who has had progressive and successful development experience in major gifts and who has a strong track record of successful management. The ideal candidate has experience in a university or college advancement environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- CFRE preferred.
- Five or more years of individual major gift fundraising, preferably in higher education and two or more years of management experience.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of major donors in order to develop relationships between them and Keyano College.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas.
- Ability to see and understand the objectives of the Advancement portfolio, and to integrate the major gifts program with those objectives.
- Ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and alter strategic advancement plans.
- Ability to articulate the case for support for Keyano College.
- Extensive experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar relationship management database.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, analytical and organization skills.
- Must have a driver’s license.
For more information, to receive the full position prospectus, or to apply please contact:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.