Please download the full position prospectus here:
Director of Operations, Canucks Autism Network
The Canucks Autism Network provides year-round, innovative, high quality sports, recreational, social and employment related programs for individuals and families living with autism, while building awareness and capacity through community networks across British Columbia.
The Canucks Autism Network team consists of a diverse group of trained staff, support workers and dedicated volunteers who administer programs for families and individuals living with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in our province.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Operations is responsible for ensuring the Canucks Autism Network (Canucks Autism Network) operates smoothly and effectively by supporting the CEO, Canucks Autism Network staff, Board of Directors, Committees, and Society Members at large. This position oversees finances, human resources, registration, volunteer management, operations and facility management. Ensuring best practices and cost effective methods are followed, promote Canucks Autism Network’s values, demonstrate quality, and in compliance with all relevant regulations and standards.
- Strong background in accounting, budgeting and financial reporting
- At least 5 years of previous progressive administrative experience in a non-profit organization
- Previous experience with board governance and senior volunteer management
- Previous human resources experience combined with managing an office
- Experience developing and overseeing policy, procedure and financial controls
- Familiar and comfortable with a variety of technologies
- Strong computer skills including MS Office
- Experience with Simply Accounting an asset
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks on time and at a high quality
- Goal oriented with a focus on detail and systems
- Strong judgment and problem-solving ability
- Identify process improvement and challenge the status quo appropriately
- Articulate, confident and friendly
- Have a can do attitude and a great sense of humour and diplomacy
- Must work well in a team environment, yet be able to work independently
- Good problem solving skills
- Passionate about the values of Canucks Autism Network
For more information, to receive the full position prospectus,
or to apply (by October 10, 2014) please contact:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.