Please download the full position prospectus here:
Development Officer, St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation
About St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation:
St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation is a registered charity that raises funds for medical equipment, research and enhanced patient care at St. Paul’s Hospital, a world-leading academic health science centre located in the heart of downtown Vancouver.
St. Paul’s Hospital cares for more than 380,000 patients a year from throughout British Columbia, including many of our most vulnerable and marginalized populations. Our research programs look for ways to advance health care treatment and prevention for patients locally and around the world, enabling St. Paul’s to achieve many “firsts” in patient care. As a teaching hospital with affiliations with the University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser University, St. Paul’s also plays a key role in shaping tomorrow’s medical leaders today.
The Development Officer will work with the Chief Development Officer to help secure donations in support of the SPHF mandate.
- Manage and grow an assigned portfolio of Leadership Gift prospects/donors/partners to secure gifts of $1,000,000 or more to the Foundation. This will include identification of new prospects as well as growing current relationships. While this portfolio will primarily focus on individuals and may include some corporations and foundations.
- Develop and implement comprehensive plans for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing, and stewarding gifts for the assigned donor portfolio, including upgrading existing donors.
- Coordinate and participate in strategy meetings before donor/ stakeholder meetings.
- Prepare briefing documents in preparation for meetings with donors and key stakeholders and debriefing documents once the meeting has taken place.
- Implement follow-up steps and strategies from the meeting.
- Develop terms of reference for partnership agreements with universities, foundations and other partners as well as gift agreements for donors.
- Working with Communications, research and write compelling proposals for Leadership Gifts.
- Prepare correspondence and reports as needed.
- Working with the Manager Stewardship and Donor Relations, recognize and steward donors as gifts they are received; and with the Events Coordinator maintain and coordinate stewardship activities including recognition events, tours, donor wall, naming opportunities etc.
- Review communications and stewardship materials to ensure full and correct donor information, including related Promise, magazine articles.
- Follow established procedures on Raiser’s Edge database for tracking and qualifying prospects and for recording and reporting gifts and ensure that all communications, contacts, correspondence, and actions are recorded.
- Manage and track donor activity of Chief Development Officer and President & CEO, monitor and maintain relationships Prepare and meet annual revenue and expense budget together with the Leadership Gifts team.
- Prepare an annual work plan together with the Leadership Gifts team.
- Review prospect/donor lists for activities such as cultivation events.
- Ensure processing of donor gifts, pledges and receipts.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures as needed.
- Develop good working relationships with key hospital staff.
- When required, and in conjunction with key hospital staff, work to develop fundraising priorities for the Foundation.
- Help plan and develop new fundraising strategies for Leadership Gift prospect activity.
- Ensure successful execution of all activities to meet and exceed donor expectations.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Chief Development Officer.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and techniques of charitable giving and become informed about the tax aspects of charitable gifts and new legislation and revenue rulings affecting such gifts.
- When applicable, work with other development and Foundation teams to further the mandate and goals of the Foundation
- Accommodates flexible hours, attending events.
- Assists in other duties as required furthering the goals of the Foundation.
For more information or to apply please contact (by March 31, 2014):
Gérard Consulting – Fundraising Talent Management
Philippe (Phil) Gérard, President
email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.