ABOUT US To inspire support and funding for excellence in child health. BC Children’s Hospital Foundation (BCCHF) works with thousands of individual and corporate donors to advance child health by funding research, leadership recruitment, education and equipment and capital projects at three Vancouver-based facilities – BC Children’s Hospital, Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children, and Child & Family Research Institute. ABOUT THE ROLE Reporting to the Director, Philanthropy and working as a member of the Philanthropy team, you will develop strategic plans, financial goals, and timelines based on analysis and research of internal and external activities as they pertain to the Chinese-Canadian community. As the Philanthropy Officer, you will be responsible for key account strategies, individual donor development and marketing strategies within this unique and diverse ethnic community. As well, you will be involved in overseeing two major Chinese-Canadian events, the Chinese Miracle Weekend and For Children We Care gala, by working closely with volunteers and committee members. More specifically, as the Philanthropy Officer you will:
- Develop strategies for and carry-out business development to build an existing fundraising program including cold calls, relationship building and stewardship of key donors.
- Work closely with senior volunteer leaders within the community and within the assigned events.
- Plan, organize and execute annual fundraising campaigns and events as required.
- Develop and execute tailored strategies such as: fundraising plan development; proposal and stewardship report preparation; making person-to-person donor contact; conducting tours of hospital/health centre facilities; arranging meetings between prospects/donors and senior leaders of BCCHF and/or the hospital/health centre.
- Assume primary responsibility for the overall fundraising success of a designated portfolio of corporate and individual donor accounts in order to renew and upgrade these accounts and cultivate new prospects.
- Be responsible for management of junior fundraising staff and/or administrative staff.
ABOUT YOU You possess sound knowledge of fundraising, donor cycle strategies and marketing; this knowledge is complemented by your proven ability to generate business through acquisition and business development. You are a leader with exceptional communication, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills, which enable you to analyze, plan, initiate and complete projects in a timely basis. Your proven success in building and maintaining donor and volunteer relationships and ability to work as a team player are critical to the role. Your proven ability to negotiate, inspire and foster a positive, collaborative work environment makes you an ideal candidate for this role. In addition, you will have:
- A Diploma or Degree in Marketing, Arts, or Business Administration or Associate Certificate in Fundraising
- Five years of directly related fundraising experience
- Ability to write in Chinese and speak in Cantonese and Mandarin
- Staff management experience
- Experience working with volunteer committees
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Raiser’s Edge 7 or other database experience is an asset
- CFRE designation is an asset
- Or the equivalent combination of related skills and experience
In addition to a nine-day fortnight and a commitment to professional development, we offer a dynamic team environment and a comprehensive compensation package including benefits.
For more information or to apply (by August 15, 2014) please contact: