Please download the full posting here:
Philanthropy Officer, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, April 2014
Creating a better world for children by inspiring philanthropy. BC Children’s Hospital Foundation (BCCHF) works with thousands of individual and corporate donors to advance child health by funding research, leadership recruitment, education and equipment and capital projects at three Vancouver-based facilities – BC Children’s Hospital, Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children, and Child & Family Research Institute.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Philanthropy Officer, Major Gifts will be part of a team working under the general direction of the Director of Philanthropy and is responsible for implementing fundraising activities relating to major gift initiatives in order to sustain and deepen prospective and current donors’ commitment to the hospital’s highest priorities.
- Donor Development: Actively manage a portfolio of 100 – 125 major gift prospects and donors. The Philanthropy Officer will plan and participate in the implementation of individual strategies for these prospects. This includes working collaboratively with other members of the Philanthropy team to coordinate strategies with assigned prospects, preparing tailored and personalized proposals, and actively participating in and occasionally taking the lead with cultivation events.
- Stewardship: Within their overall portfolio, maintain a stewardship portfolio, ensuring that donors receive personalized correspondence, reports and updates in a timely and professional manner.
- Record Keeping: Maintain and properly record information about prospects and donors utilizing centralized electronic filing system and database; report and monitor activity associated with his/her portfolio; produce briefing notes, solicitation plans and call reports to ensure that donor histories are part of the institution’s memory.
- Relationship Management: Develop and maintain relationships with physicians, researchers and hospital staff; involve the appropriate colleagues across the hospital to coordinate and execute strategies.
- Volunteer Management: Actively seek to identify volunteers for the major gift program, develops and implements recruitment strategies and once recruited, provide ongoing professional support to volunteers.
- Philanthropy Advocate: Serves as an ambassador for the Foundation both within the hospital and larger community, consistently and convincingly demonstrating the role and importance of philanthropic support in advancing pediatric healthcare and research at BC Children’s Hospital.
This position requires an incumbent possessing a post-secondary degree or diploma, plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in donor development, with a proven track record of securing gifts of $25,000 or more. The incumbent must also possess:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professional presence necessary to interact with donors, senior volunteers, senior hospital staff and other stakeholders;
- A demonstrated ability to identify and implement major gift strategic planning and solicitation strategies in support of funding priorities;
- Excellent problem solving skills, business acumen, strategic aptitude and sound judgment;
- Sound knowledge of the market place and donor base;
- Exceptional and proven oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to efficiently organize and manage a diverse range of assignments while meeting multiple deadlines, along with thorough attention to all details and consistent with follow through;
- Resourcefulness and independence, while remaining comfortable working within the framework of a collaborative, team-oriented environment;
- Sound computer skills and experience with Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office applications applied to the preparation of proposals, reports and presentations;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion;
- A flexible schedule with allows for multiple after-hours events and meetings;
- CFRE designation is an asset;
- Fluency in Mandarin is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to a nine-day fortnight and a commitment to professional development, we offer a dynamic team environment and a comprehensive compensation package including benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online at www.bcchf.ca/careersby 5:00 PM, Monday, April 28, 2014.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.